Well, now that the holidays are over, I can get down to work on the project. These next two months will be my busiest as the first fair is on the 28th of February. With that said, I am at the welder's will so the goal is to have the robot moving and the Victim Extraction System functioning properly by February 28th. The other bells and whistles can wait. The welding speed is really the limiting time factor because right now I hardly have anything to do until we get the next section welded, which is the tracks supports.
I completely finished the wiring for everything (current sensors, both motor relays, and a few other small things). I tried to keep the top as neat as possible and it turned out pretty well! I am pleased with it.
The welder finished the doglegs, which turned out really nice!
The Allegro ACS758 Series Hall Current Sensors requires a bit of additional circuitry because the analog voltage output is greater than 1.8v (Max analog in the Beaglebone Black can handle) so I introduced a simple voltage divider to reduce the max output voltage to 1.7v.
I also got a good start on the controller case, which I am close to done with. Just waiting on the Velcro loops, which come Monday.
So this next week, my goals are
- Add rubber grousers to tracks system
- Finish controller case
- Weld the remaining tracks supports
- Meet with programmer to discuss network communication
My partner, Ben, is unable to continue with this project, which was a very unselfish thing of him to do. He recognized that he wasn't suited for the job and thought it was the best decision for both of us.
I finished one set of tracks today. I added some images. Have a look.